Re: IAOC requesting input on (potential) meeting cities

2017-04-04 18:06:58
Carsten, you're off by very large factor.   The Chicago murder rate reported
last year was 27 deaths per 100000 for the entire year.   That works out to be
about .5 deaths per week per 100000 or .005 deaths per week per 1000( the
number of people attending the IETF) Or .0005% of the IETF population for the
week we were there.

I'm doing this math in my head while having a glass of wine so it's possible
I've dropped or added a zero or two but it is definitely not 1.5%.   It's worse
than it should be, but it's irresponsible to suggest that the level of risk was
that high.

Mike

Sent from my iPad