Re: Revamp of the www.ietf.org website

2017-07-19 09:04:01
On 7/18/17, 5:41 PM, "ietf on behalf of Eric C Rosen"
<ietf-bounces(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org on behalf of erosen(_at_)juniper(_dot_)net>
wrote:

    On 7/15/2017 5:21 AM, Russ Housley wrote:
    > the general organization and the look-and-feel of the website has been
implemented based on the initial research and input received to date.

    I've been waiting to hear somone say "I love the new web page.  It makes
    it much easier to quickly find the information I need".

    I'm still waiting.

    What I'm actually hearing is "The new web page makes it more difficult
    to find the information I need.  I can't tell where the information is
    hidden, and I'm always scrolling through screens and screens of
    content-free graphics to find it.  And then it takes longer to access it".

If datatracker is to be the new “real” ietf.org page, then there needs to be a
QUICK step to get to it from beta.ietf.org. Right now, a link to it is found
only under the Tools menu, but I had to search for it. And on my iPhone, I
could NOT FIND the Tools menu, and subsequently couldn’t get to the datatracker
from it.

I also did not spot a link to tools.ietf.org. I figured that would be under the
Tools menu as well.

The datatracker.ietf.org page would need some rework to be as useful as the
current www.ietf.org page. And perhaps a diet to eliminate some scrolling to
find the info?

The IETF 99 Prague page linked to from beta.ietf.org SEEMS like it has all of
the information currently found on www.ietf.org for the current meeting. But I
had to click on a gazillion down arrows to open up each to verify that
statement. There doesn’t seem to be an easy to open up ALL of the submenus to
get the equivalent “meeting at a glance” jump page that we currently have.

        Tony Hansen