Re: Revamp of the www.ietf.org website

2017-07-18 06:24:38
On 18 Jul 2017, at 10:39, Ted Lemon <mellon(_at_)fugue(_dot_)com> wrote:

The response is not "we don't care about the people who do the work."   It is
"people who do the work have a really awesome tool to use, the datatracker,
so they don't need IETF.org to address their use case."

So a better approach to this, if you feel the datatracker is not actually
addressing your needs, your efforts would be better aimed at working that
issue.   I think at the moment the side bar on datatracker has everything
that you need that was in the sidebar on ietf.org.

So can you say what is missing here?

The datatracker site sidebar is certainly useful. But a few things are
presented rather differently, the meetings section being one notable example.

It seems the main IETF page/site is becoming the IETF corporate web site, and
will look like many other such sites out there, and the IETF participant area
is the “intranet”, in the form of the datatracker and tools pages, for which to
do many things you need to sign in.  That’s OK, and understood, and
participants will learn to go to the different site in place of the main IETF
site, but the functionality isn’t quite the same, yet.

Tim

On Tue, Jul 18, 2017 at 11:23 AM, Dearlove, Christopher (UK)