Re: Revamp of the www.ietf.org website

2017-07-19 08:17:27
FWIW, +1

Suggestion: If the IESG is convinced that we need a page at
www.ietf.org that is designed for prettiness and attraction for
newcomers and those who are just browsing, would it be possible
to have an easily-remembered URL (and link from that home page
for those who forget) that essentially reflects the information
in the current sidebar plus maybe the "news" and "next meeting"
and "related web pages" panels, with zero images and no
animation or automation?   For those of us who use IETF web
pages only to get work done, attractiveness is often measured in
ease of navigation and minimizing the number of clicks needed to
reach something, goals that may be incompatible with "pretty",
"clever", or "attractive to those who are just browsing".

    john

--On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 10:25 +1200 Brian E Carpenter