Re: Revamp of the www.ietf.org website

2017-07-18 04:13:34

On 18 Jul 2017, at 11:06, Dearlove, Christopher (UK)
<chris(_dot_)dearlove(_at_)baesystems(_dot_)com> wrote:

Everything I want on the existing IETF website in in a panel on the left. I
rarely even look at the rightmost three quarters of the screen.

That’s because you don’t come to meetings. Around meetings the right half of
the screen becomes useful.

That panel can be used to take me straight to where I want to go. The new
site at it appears as linked below appears to have seriously reduced the
usability of the site for people who know what they want and want to go
straight to it. Put the panel back (or maybe it's always intended to be
there, and this is just the main pane being considered) and I don't really
mind what you do there (as long as it loads quickly).

The new site is focused not on the existing people active in the IETF. It’s
focused on the general public.  The place where work gets done these days is
datatracker.

Yoav