Re: Email or Something Else

2004-02-09 23:19:50

On Mon, Feb 09, 2004 at 07:10:15AM -0500, Bonatti, Chris wrote:

- We want strong user authentication and tracing, but we want to
support anonymous traffic.

...with several degrees between "strong user authencation" and
"anonymous". And the receiver should have the choice which level
of authentication is to be accepted for incoming messages.

Another requirement:

- anonymous, pseudonymous doesn't mean forgery.
  Even if anonymous sending is supported this must not mean to
  be able to forge any e-mail address as with today's SMTP.

Hadmut