Re: The need for two headers

2004-02-11 14:33:59

At 13:01 04/02/07 +0100, Hadmut Danisch wrote:

Hi,

I'd propose to split the information which was stored
in the RFC822 header into two, completely separate headers
(maybe "header" isn't a good word anymore):

I somewhat agree, but would go further: I would like to
see the whole thing much more like onion layering.
different processing steps for a message may add new
headers/metadata, but they would do so in clearly
identifiable and separated layers. I don't think that
a limitation on two layers (they way I would describe
your proposal) is necessary or beneficial.

Regards,   Martin.