Re: The need for two headers

2004-02-08 08:41:56

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 01:24:55PM +1100, Brett Watson wrote:

Another desirable difference in mail-ng would be for all the delivery
metadata
to be transported to the MUA. At the moment, only that portion of the
delivery metadata which finds its way into the 822 headers is transported to
the MUA. Much of the routing information has been lost by this point in time,
especially if the message has been forwarded from one address to another in
transit. I see no reason why the complete delivery path information should
not be available to the MUA. (It's not always clear *why* a particular item
has been delivered to you, and having its full routing history can help.)

Be careful here.  If I send a message to multiple recipients at a given site,
all as "Bcc:" or equivalent, I may not want all of the recipients to see the
complete delivery path information if it's going to contain all of the
recipient's addresses.  That would defeat the purpose of "Bcc:".

--

Steven F. Siirila                       Office: Lind Hall, Room 130B
Internet Services                       E-mail: sfs(_at_)umn(_dot_)edu