mharc-users

Re: Polish characters in Namazu

2003-04-16 12:03:18
On April 16, 2003 at 20:17, Bartosz aka fEnIo wrote:

After that I made `make configure` and `make editidx`.
And it still doesn't work. I don't know what should I do now.
I think that I followed your sugestions and made everything correct.

Apparently, there is something else going on since the pages
on your site do not have the <meta http-equiv> tag.  Have
you defined any resource files in <mharc-root>/lib/mrc?

"We" must repair this because I didn't make backup and after all these
changes I can't set it to original values ;)

You can restore to what is provided by the distribution by copying
the .dist version of a file over the .in version.  So, if you want
restore common.mrc.in to the original, copy common.mrc.in.dist over
it.  If you have removed the .dist file, just re-install mharc (your
local edits will not be changed, but the .dist files will be present)
and manually copy the common.mrc.in.dist file over common.mrc.in.

Try the following to see if this fixes your problems:

* Restore the original common.mrc.in from common.mrc.in.dist as
  mentioned above.  You may want to backup your current common.mrc.in
  just in-case.

* Define a <mharc-root>/lib/mrc/_lang_pl.mrc.in file to define a
  Polish version of the en and da versions already provided.  Use
  the en or da version as a template for creating the pl version.

* Define a <mharc-root>/lib/mrc/pddp.mrc.in template resource file
  with the following contents:

    <Include>
    @@MHA_RC_DIR@@/_lang_pl.mrc
    </Include>

    <CharsetConverters>
    iso-8859-2; mhonarc::htmlize
    </CharsetConverters>

  (Note: It may be appropriate to have the CharsetConverters
   setting in _lang_pl.mrc.in, but for now, just put in pddp.mrc.in)

* From the <mharc-root> directory, run the following commands:

    make configure
    make rebuild

  This should do a full rebuild of the archive from the raw mail
  data.

* Check HTML archive pages to see that they have the <meta http-equiv>
  tag.

If successful, please post your _lang_pl.mrc.in file since I can
include it in the mharc distribution.

--ewh