mhonarc-dev

[bug #20252] [gnu.org #336933] RFC2047 header encoding bug

2007-06-26 11:30:30

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #20252 (project mhonarc):

Hi, I'm the person who reported this problem to gnu.org sysadmins.

Given that, what I'm imagining has happened is that in the first
case, the UTF-8 characters are assumed to be iso-8859-1, an 8 bit
character encoding, and are written as the first byte of the
UTF-8 encoding; however in the second case, I'm supposing that it
is properly transcoding from utf-8 to latin1.

Sounds plausible.  I suspect what makes it behave differently is that in the
first case, subject is base64-encoded (in the second it isn't).

I'm afraid I can't really help.  I have zero knowledge about MHonArc
internals (and am not very fluent in perl either).  Sorry.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?20252>