mhonarc-users

Re: News Article - Reference..

1996-11-07 10:40:39
News Article Conversion to HTML (Specifically WINNT + Netscape
News Server 2.1)
But As Mhonarc (The Killer Program) always gives the users full
options to modify almost everything.. (Thanks to Earl)..By using a
-rfcfile you can index News Articles..Just add the following
lines

<MSGSEP>
^Path
</MSGSEP>

in your rfc file and your done. One thing make sure you use the
-mh option..

For v1.2 and later, -mh and -mbox do nothing.  If the file argument
is a regular file, -mbox is assumed for the argument.  If the argument
is a directory, -mh is assumed for the argument.  Therefore, using
-mh should provide no effect.

Few of my own Wishlist for MhonArc (Maybe this are already possible
I am not aware of it)

1. I have converted 3000 news article last night. And the maillist.
html is a huge list.. I wonder if it is possible to create
maillist0.html, maillist1.html ....... as a subset of 25 or 30 articles.
and give the user a option to browse from one list to another.. I
know I can convert 30 files each time but it's not the best solution.

You might want to try v2.0.0a2.  It has a multi-page index feature.
See the mhonarc home page.

2. Same goes with the threads.html file..

Same with thread index for v2.0a2.

3. It would be nice to create a web based Mhonarc administration tool.
You know you click a few buttons fill in few feilds here and there and
it creates a batch file or something that you can also run from the
web. You should also be able to delete files you know all the rfcfiles
functionality.. And all cool stuff.. Mhonarc its self is cool but I
think it could be even cooler..

Volunteers?

4. This needs to addressed I have found very little example on rfcfile
documentation (Not like the quick start manual) .. I think some litte
example will help out a big time for the first time user..

v.2.0a2 does not have updated docs, but there is example rcfile
in the examples directory showing some of the new features and
on some of the older features.  See
<URL:http:/www.oac.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/tmp/demo2.0/> for
a good demo of v2.0 and a link to the rcfile used.

Note:  See a previous message to the list on Perl 4 fixes for
v2.0a2 if you are using Perl 4.