mhonarc-users

help with uuencoded attachments

1996-11-02 14:29:07
This problem may well be cue to my lack of understanding, so I hope
someone will explain a solution to me if there is one.

I have a large archive of NNTP (MH) messages which I have exported to
HTML using MHonArc.  The NNTP archive is an INND archive running on a
Linux host.  My problem is this - most of my messages contain
attachments, and the majority are separated by a simple line like the
following:

Begin 644 caper.doc

or

Begin 755 briefing.ppt

The NNTP clients (newswatcher and Agent) have not problem decoding these
attachments, by MHonArc doesnt recognize them as attachments at all.
Also, some of these are posted in rather small messages, so the message
has many parts - the subject of the message will be:

{some subject text} - document.ext (0/5)

through

{some subject text} - document.ext (5/5)

Is there any way to correctly export this archive and extract the
documents intact?  MHonArc seems to do a wonderful job with the MIME
headers, but I gotta fix it for these old headers!  Any help would sure
be appreciated!

Herndon Elliott
NLOS PMO
Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
helliott(_at_)redstone(_dot_)army(_dot_)mil