mhonarc-users

Re: consolidating old mail

1996-11-13 08:40:08
You can actually dispense with the wrapper if you use environment
variables to pass options to MHonArc, but I'm sure Achim has a good
reason for doing it his way.  Just for the purposes of comparion,
here's how I do it:

eeeweb% cat .procmailrc
#Set on when debugging
VERBOSE=off
#Replace `mail' with your mail directory (Pine uses mail, Elm uses Mail)
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
#Directory for storing procmail log and rc files
PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail
#Path and options for mhonarc
MHONARC='/dcs/packages/infosys/bin/mhonarc -add -quiet -umask 022 -idxfname inde
x.html'
:0
* ^Originator:(_dot_)*(_at_)classes(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu
{
  MHHOME=$HOME/classarc
  LOGFILE=$PMDIR/classlists.log
  INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.classlists
}
:0 E
{
  MHHOME=$HOME/mail-arc
  LOGFILE=$PMDIR/otherlists.log
  INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.otherlists
}

and then in the file .procmail/rc.classlists or rc.otherlists (depending
on the Originator: of the message), lots of the following:

# Procmail Entry for uci-www
:0 E
* ^TOuci-www
{
  :0 c
  uci-www/.

  :0
  |$MHONARC -rcfile $MHHOME/uci-www/0-rcfile.html -outdir $MHHOME/uci-www
}

Eric D. Friedman
friedman(_at_)uci(_dot_)edu