mhonarc-users

Re: consolidating old mail

1996-11-13 09:11:37
On Tue, 12 Nov 1996, Eric D. Friedman wrote:

I'm just curious about what prompted your decision to use a separate
script w/ 10 minute batches.

1) For use the mailing list archives are not that important, so we wanted
a way to force processing to nighttime if that processing got out of
control.

2) Some mailing lists are fairly high volume (>30 messages per hour during
the day), so only calling monharc 6 times/hour is less of a load on our
server machine.

--
Matthew Darwin           Loran International Technologies Inc.
darwin(_at_)loran(_dot_)com         955 Green Valley Crescent, Suite 210