mhonarc-users

Re: MHonArc core dump

1998-07-24 10:56:50
On July 24, 1998 at 10:08, John Beranek wrote:

I've got a cron job that runs MHonArc at midnight, and I came in this
morning to see that MHonArc had done the following (and it's repeatable,
on 2 machines I tried).
starman: ~/ExternalWWW/kent-grads/archive : archive
Processing kent-grads archive
Bad free() ignored at /home/jberanek/mhonarc/lib/readmail.pl line 470, <FOPEN
2> line 141.
Bad free() ignored at /home/jberanek/mhonarc/lib/readmail.pl line 470, <FOPEN
2> line 141.
Bad free() ignored at /home/jberanek/mhonarc/lib/mhamain.pl line 941, <FOPEN2
line 141.
Bus Error - core dumped
starman: ~/ExternalWWW/kent-grads/archive :

Core dumps are normally a sign that something is wrong with perl.
Since you did not mention what version of perl you are using, I would
guess it is an older version of perl 5.  What version are you using?
If it is older that then the current release, I recommend upgrading.

BTW, you did not state what version of MHonArc you are using?