mhonarc-users

-scan and DOS

1999-09-24 19:24:42
Hello Everyone
    I'd first like to thank Earl Hood for writing the excellect program
Mhonarc. I've been using it for about 4 months and I love it! Recently
I've been bathing myself in the documentation to fine tune my archives
which prompted my recent joining of this list.
My question is... when I use -scan in dos I cant get dos/perl to outoput
a file for me. The screen scrolls by but....
Ive tried
mhonarc  -scan -OUTDIR 919mail >scan.txt
mhonarc  -scan -OUTDIR 919mail |more>scan.txt
neither work Im assuming its something to do with perl not reconising
the > redirection, then getting dropped back into dos
Does anyone have suggestions?

My setup is win98 and although I have 2 other linuxes connected via
ethernet Im using win98 because its just easier to work in.

For anyone interested... ;) my earlier work with Mhonarc can be seen at
the xoom link below
Thanks again for the great program Earl, I appreciate it
rob

--
Linux Home Page http://www.connix.com/~dizzy73/LBM.htm
S.u.S.E Linux 5.3  -IRC-  #linuxhelp