mhonarc-users

Re: Converting entire directories on Windows NT

2000-06-29 15:20:47
On June 29, 2000 at 13:49, Bosco Tsang wrote:

I have just migrated my archive operating from Unix to NT, and encountered

Poor soul.

the same problem as you guys described. When I typed the perl -e command,
it returns *.msg.  My perl-win32 is v5.6.0 built 613 from ActiveState.
According to their web site, it's the latest. But the problem still not
solved. Searching their site, and their FAQ etc, seems have no mension
about this at all? Is there any patch, solution (either in perl, or in
mhonarc) etc so that it can fix this problem.

Wildcard expansion (globbing) is a function of the shell.  I remember
debates about this on the Perl newsgroups (when I used to follow them).

A solution is to get a real command-line shell.  I use Cygwin under
Win32 systems.  It provides a bash shell along with many of the GNU
utilities.

        --ewh