mhonarc-users

Re: Really big subject/author pages?

2000-11-25 10:09:43
On Fri, 24 Nov 2000, Earl Hood wrote:

This type of problem has been reported before.

I'm guessing the problem has to do with the index pages getting
corrupted and important comment declarations are getting lost.
Unlike thread index pages, main index pages are edited and not
overwritten each time.  This is for historical reasons inorder to
support the old HEADER and FOOTER resources.

I do not know why the files get corrupted, but to fix, just remove
author.html and subject.html and they will be created from scratch.
Are there any "tmp.*" files in your archive directories?

--ewh

As big a fan of Mhonarc as I am, I have also had problems with this
myself. I am glad to see that I am not the only person in the world who
has been vexed by the problem. At first I thought it had something to do
with the convoluted environment of my ISP which has procmail running on
one machine and mhonarc on another. Eventually I began running both
processes on the machine that houses my home directory and it seemed to
have worked at first. Then it happened again, so my guess it is not the
environment but some weird glitch in mhonarc. Apparently it has something
to do with "end of file processing" as us Cobol dinosaurs used to call it.