mhonarc-users

Re: Really big subject/author pages?

2000-11-28 16:18:43
   mhonarc -nolock -nomodtime -add -umask -rcfile rc -outdir
[outputdirectory
]

I'm guessing the problem has to do with the index pages getting
corrupted and important comment declarations are getting lost.
Unlike thread index pages, main index pages are edited and not
overwritten each time.  This is for historical reasons inorder to
support the old HEADER and FOOTER resources.

That sounds exactly like what's happening...

I do not know why the files get corrupted, but to fix, just remove
author.html and subject.html and they will be created from scratch.
Are there any "tmp.*" files in your archive directories?

No tmp.* files...  The only non .html files are these four:

   > /bin/ls -1 | grep -v html$
   bin00000.bin
   bin00001.bin
   jpg00000.jpg