mhonarc-users

Re: Filename guarantees

2002-01-18 11:40:16
On January 18, 2002 at 00:18, J C Lawrence wrote:

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:14:50 -0800 (PST)
Eugene Eric Kim <eekim(_at_)eekim(_dot_)com> wrote:

What filesystems do not support the characters appearing in valid
message IDs?

Some filesystems have filename length limits which Message ID's
exceed.

VMS is an example.

The other issue are certain characters.  But encoding message IDs
to quoted-printable format avoids this problem, but I still think
VMS has problems with '=' in filenames and multiple occurances
of '.'.  I believe, the current annotation capabilities are unusable
under VMS.

--ewh