mhonarc-users

Re: Filename guarantees

2002-01-18 06:53:37
I would also like the file names as message-ids.

Is there a list of possible enhancements? (I'm interested in an XMLized MHonArc.)

Gary

J C Lawrence wrote:

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:41:05 -0800 Earl Hood <ehood(_at_)hydra(_dot_)acs(_dot_)uci(_dot_)edu> wrote:

The only major change that might occur is changing from a numeric
system of identifying messages to using message-ids.  I.e.  The
filenames would be the message-id of the message.  This would
allow links to not go stale, or change, if an archive is
re-created.

Umm, err, ooooo!  Please!  Pretty please!  Please sir!

Since this requires some restructuring of the code, it may not be
done for sometime.  And if done, it should probably be a
configurable option since some users like the numbering system and
for some operating systems, the filenaming limitations may not
make using message-ids as filenames possible.

Good point.