mhonarc-users

Re: Format=Flowed

2002-10-29 19:08:33
Earl:
Added "disableflowed" option to disable the flowed data conversion.

Gunnar:
Why?

Earl:
Possible reasons:

* Bugs in the flowed conversion. ...

* The flowed formatting does not render well in text-based clients.

* Performance. ...

I also think it is good to give the user as much control as possible
on how their archives look.

Thanks for those explanations; they all make sense to me.

I just read some bugs as regards the Mozilla mail client, and relalized that there are at least one more good reason: The sender is not always (=typically not?) aware of whether the message is sent with the format=flowed setting or not.

/ Gunnar