Re: changing the defaults for forw and repl

1998-05-19 23:12:10
Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> writes:
Wow.  I include text in replies about 15% of the time.  Most of my
returned messages.

I also find that users whose UAs default to including the subject
message in replies, tend not to edit those replies...thus dumping
trash in the mailboxes of those people they reply to.

  Agree 100%.  I got my MH environment working nicely about 10 years
  ago (ack!) and so I must say I've forgotten a lot of the details
  (scary).  Even with the -format option, repl doesn't include the
  message so I must have my repl format file customized.

  While I consider the behavior of including the entire subject
  message by default harmful, I think forw -format is a desirable
  default since it cuts out the noise of the header fields.

  Now if forw could include a rfc-822 body part, I'd be whistling
  dixie.  Plus the stuff in Keith's footnote...  Would love not to
  have to manually edit out the quoted-printable stuff.

Bill Wohler <wohler(_at_)newt(_dot_)com>
Say it with MIME.  Maintainer of comp.mail.mh and news.software.nn FAQs.