nmh-workers

Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh 1.2 failed in doing smtp authentication

2008-05-05 18:23:39
Ken Hornstein wrote:
(Side note: Your site seems to think my domain name does not exist so it is
refusing email from me, but I am very certain that it does.  You might want
to get that looked at).

You are right! Thanks to the Great Firewall of China, domain name
resolution sometimes fail, especially for foreign domain that did not
pass our governmental check on providing "clean" information. But this
usually works after several trials. Since MTA automatically re-try
later, this usually finally get your email into my inbox.
Hi. I didn't succeed either. This time username seems to be correct,

zhangweiwu(_at_)esmeralda:/home/zhangweiwu$ send -watch -verbose -sasl -user
gildororonar(_at_)mail-on(_dot_)us

Two questions:

- Is your username at that site REALLY gildoronar(_at_)mail-on(_dot_)us?
That seems ...
  strange.

That is not my username. A friend ask me to help test it. I know that
name is strange, he chose it with the intention to make it look strange.. :)
- Is there some reason you don't like to use the -snoop option to the send
  command?

Because I didn't know that!

(It looks from that output that at least in the LOGIN auth case, it's still
sending the wrong userid.  But the output is hard to follow ... because
you're not using -snoop).

zhangweiwu(_at_)esmeralda:~$ /usr/local/nmh/bin/send -watch -verbose -snoop
-sasl
Use "/home/zhangweiwu//Mail/drafts/3"? y
 -- Posting for All Recipients --
<= 220 vfemail.net ESMTP
=> EHLO localhost
<= 250-vfemail.net
<= 250-STARTTLS
<= 250-PIPELINING
<= 250-8BITMIME
<= 250-SIZE 0
<= 250 AUTH LOGIN PLAIN CRAM-MD5
=> AUTH LOGIN
<= 334 VXNlcm5hbWU6
=> Z2lsZG9yb3JvbmFyQG1haWwtb24udXM=
<= 334 UGFzc3dvcmQ6
=> [correct password is used here]
<= 235 ok, go ahead (#2.0.0)
=> MAIL FROM:<zhangweiwu(_at_)localhost>
<= 250 ok
  -- Network Recipients --
  zhangweiwu at realss.com: => RCPT TO:<zhangweiwu(_at_)realss(_dot_)com>
<= 250 ok
address ok
=> DATA
<= 354 go ahead
=> .
<= 250 ok 1210036874 qp 21288 Total Bytes: 319  Auth User gildororonar
mail-on.us Updated..
=> QUIT
<= 221 vfemail.net
 -- Recipient Copies Posted --