Re: [Nmh-workers] external MTA (was: nmh @ gsoc?)

2010-01-28 09:44:29
Instead of having one program inside nmh to forward, use one external
program to forward. The external program will surely do the job better
than the internal one. (Do you need reasons for this statement?)

Actually, you're going to have to provide some reasons ... I looked at
the examples you provided (nullmailer and ssmtp), and they lack
functionality that nmh provides, today (that's not to say that nmh
can do everything those programs can, but my point is that nmh can
do things that they cannot).  And I guess I really don't understand
your fundamental reasoning about external programs always being better
than an internal one.

For the user, shipping an own forwarder is not much different than
providing a good tutorial on how to use an external program for the
job. And if it is a problem, then this user is hardly a user of nmh
anyway.

So, you don't care about unsophisticated users, then?  You need a certain
level of Unix configuration knowledge to use nmh?