Re: [Nmh-workers] external MTA (was: nmh @ gsoc?)

2010-01-28 08:50:31

"markus" == markus schnalke <meillo(_at_)marmaro(_dot_)de> writes:
    markus> Use a simple forwarding MTA (like nullmailer or ssmtp)
    markus> instead.

  okay. That would work for me.
  The work would still be there to essentially:
      a) rip out everything else.
      b) adjust packages such that nullmailer/ssmtp is a dependancy.
      c) provide an interface to collect the user's various
         relay authentication tokens and configure said mailer.

    markus> For the user, shipping an own forwarder is not much different than
    markus> providing a good tutorial on how to use an external program for the
    markus> job. And if it is a problem, then this user is hardly a user of nmh
    markus> anyway.

  nmh is the swiss-army knife of mail user agents.

  We have several graphical MUAs that sit on top of it, and I'd like to
see more of them, not fewer.  I do not want thunderbird and all the like
to have to reinvent everything.

] mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ottawa(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca
http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.