Re: [Nmh-workers] external MTA (was: nmh @ gsoc?)

2010-01-28 10:38:09
On January 28, 2010 at 11:04, markus schnalke wrote:

Use a simple forwarding MTA (like nullmailer or ssmtp) instead.

Has anyone got either of these programs to work with nmh?
If so, can they share their configuration?

IIRC, ssmtp is a command-line replacement of sendmail vs
running as a daemon.  MH/nmh communicate with sendmail via
the -bs option, something ssmtp does not support I believe.

I have not looked at nullmailer.  First I've heard of it.
Does it support -bs mode of sendmail?  Can it run as
a daemon and accept SMTP connections directly?

--ewh