Re: [Nmh-workers] Re: should nmh be an MTA or an MUA?

2010-01-30 12:43:35
On January 29, 2010 at 23:01, Ken Hornstein wrote:

If your interest is to only exchange messages with other
nmh users, then I guess you won't care ... but I would suggest that
if nmh doesn't evolve, at some point there won't be any other nmh
users.

I agree.

For years, I have used a separate program I wrote to deal with
replying to MIME messages:
<http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/extras/mha-mhedit/mha-mhedit.html>
It ain't the most efficient thing, but it works.  And I have
found over time that I've had to use it more frequently, even
for basic messages.

Ideally nmh should do what mha-mhedit basicly does.

Of course, the other big hurdle nmh has is that it is command-line
oriented, limiting those who may choose to use it to more advanced
computer users that appreciate the power and flexibilty the
command-line can provide.

I think the capabilities and maintenance of GUI front-ends to nmh
may be the determining factor if nmh stays around or fades away.

--ewh