Re: [Nmh-workers] Understanding nmh (aka. What's the goal)

2010-12-02 12:19:52
[2010-12-02 12:40] David Levine <levinedl(_at_)acm(_dot_)org>

Another data point:  I use nmh exclusively as my MUA.

Also, I haven't used mhbuild (mime at the whatnow prompt) since
I started using -attach.  It's very easy to use and it certainly
does work well.

English is probably your native language and the one your emails are
written in.

This way non-ASCII text does not get handled specially (if no
attachment is present).

No MIMEification means that the characters are plainly in the mail
body. The original charset is not available in the mail which will
lead to broken or wrong charcters display on systems with a
non-compatible native charset.

Also the mail message is 8bit then.

Fixing this problem is part of my patch. @Jon: This actually can be
considered as some kind of usage bug of your system. If you include
non-ASCII text but no attachments then you need to run mime at whatnow
prompt manually, otherwise you must not.

My patch however does break compatibility if one likes to send
messages that contain non-ASCII chars without MIME.

meillo