Re: [Nmh-workers] repl and mime handling

2012-01-18 14:45:49
What do you mean by "internal representation"? Conversion from
any to utf-8, processing by the code and conversion back to the
original charset is really internal, transparent for the user.

Well, for example ... when you call fmt_scan(), what should the character
set be?  Just one example.  That's what I mean by internal representation.

Now my plan
was to convert from UTF-8 to the native character set, but that
conversion won't be perfect.

But such the internall conversion would be perfect, no new
characters is introduced (except formatting like newlines,
spaces).

Depending on what the character set was in the original message, of course.

The question is: what charset will be in draft for edition?
Original, converted to something (e.g. according to locale) or
utf-8. This is no longer internal.

It will either be based on the locale or UTF-8.  I'll know more when I get
into the exact details.