Re: [Nmh-workers] repl and mime handling

2012-01-17 10:53:44
On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 10:32 AM, Joel Uckelman wrote:

Yes, please. Even just decoding the text parts which are base64 would
be a huge improvement. (I'm getting increasing numbers of these,
usually from people's phones.)

Agreed.

Currently, I use my Perl program to deal with replying to MIME
formatted messages: http://www.mhonarc.org/MHonArc/extras/mha-mhedit/

It is a hack, and heavy weight, but it works.
It calls out to a text-based web browser like
w3m or lynx to process HTML text.

Non-text parts get formatted like the following:

  << image.png >>

In the reply draft.  So there is an indication there
was an attachment, but I do not include it in the repl
draft.

For nmh, and if we desire to behave like other MUAs, and
when repl handles MIME text handling properly, it would
be nice to have an option to include the attachments from
the original message.  For example:

  repl -incattach ...

(Actual option name can be whatever).

Basically, the attachments in the orginal message are also
attached to the reply message.  I normally do not need
such a capability, but there have been some rare
occassions.

--ewh