Re: [Nmh-workers] repl and mime handling

2012-01-18 08:35:32
Joel Uckelman writes:

So, I have some thoughts in this direction, but I'm wondering: what do
you want out of repl in terms of better MIME handling?

All the "text" parts turned into UTF-8 and quoted would be a good start.
I can then trim down in vi as normal.

Yes, please.

*Please, no!* Conversion from any charset to utf-8 is possible, but
conversion back, according to user preferences, is not. People
start to use funny characters like non-breakable space and so on.

Problem seems to be impossible to solve not beacuse of technical
difficuly but because of very different user preferences. Much
more flexible mechanism in needed.

Any charset conversion implies problem what would be sending
charset and how to change it.

Even just decoding the text parts which are base64 would
be a huge improvement.

*Yes, please!* Now, I'm filtering messages via slocal:

default  -  pipe  ?  "/usr/bin/mimedecode|/usr/lib/mh/rcvpack
/var/mail/max -mbox"

what is not the best practice, but it works.

   max