Re: [Nmh-workers] mh-v (was repl and mime handling)

2012-01-19 12:19:56

"rader" == rader  <rader(_at_)hep(_dot_)wisc(_dot_)edu> writes:
    >> oh, wow.  My wife still hates me because I pushed her from elm to
    >> mutt.  (She hated pine more than mutt)

    rader> Would your wife like using vim + groff instead of MSWord or
    rader> OpenOffice Writer or Google Docs??  :)

Well... she pretty much hates all of these things.
(no, not groff, but latex)

    rader> I'm not attempting to appeal to the masses.  I am
    rader> creating/have created a MH/nmh front end in perl + curses
    rader> that is very fast, vaguely emulates EXMH, does not use a
    rader> mouse, is Vim-ish and has GTK+ colorization.

I'll try her on it then.  I think it will appeal to her.

    >> How is the interface to folders?  My wife has hundreds of
    >> folders.

    rader> At startup, the cost is reading ~/Mail/.folders.
    rader> Navigating/changing folders is also done via "+FOLDER" or
    rader> ":FOLDER" (think Vim "colon command"), which includes tab
    rader> completion, almost no cost.  No folder listing is displayed
    rader> until asked for ("folders mode", where folders are listed in
    rader> the lower pane that usually displays "show" output.)
    rader> Invoking folders mode costs reading the .mh_sequences file
    rader> for each folder.  I have around 800 folders.  I hide all but
    rader> ~100 by not listing them in .folders.  (They all are still
    rader> accessable, of course.)

cool...  so is .folders compatible with running "folders >Mail/.folders"
nightly from cron?

] mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ottawa(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca
http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
                       then sign the petition.