Re: [Nmh-workers] urls from mhpath, and message store abstraction layers.

2012-02-06 12:51:14
Thus spake Earl Hood:
Wrt to mhpath, I think it is getting over analyzed.  All
mhpath does is provide the *path* to an nmh resource,
that's it.

Issues like fetching or not fetching are out-of-scope.

If/when IMAP support is added in, mhpath will return
imap URLs.  If one is using the existing classic storage
model, then local pathnames are returned.

IMAP URLs aren't paths, at least not in the sense I take 'path' to have
in 'mhpath'. Maybe we could add 'mhurl' to produce URLs (and file: URLs
for local storage!) and leave mhpath producing paths?

--
J.