Re: [Nmh-workers] urls from mhpath, and message store abstraction layers.

2012-02-06 09:12:20

On 2012-02-06, at 6:28 AM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

I understand where you're coming from, but I have to ask ... when
people use mhpath to get the path of an MH message, what, exactly,
are they trying to accomplish?  Usually it's something along the
lines of "use some Unix text processing tool on this message".  For
that you need to download the whole thing.

No, you need to download text parts.  It would be pointless to download the 15
multi-MB TIFF attachments as well.

We need to flesh out how MH will address per-message MIME parts and come up
with a consistent syntax for expressing that across the commands. Once we have
that, the mhpath solution should just fall out.