Re: [Nmh-workers] Changes to post

2012-03-12 19:11:31
Hi,

Lyndon Nerenberg wrote:
I would prefer to build these non-822 directives using a syntax that
can't be confused with a valid 822 header. I suggest the format:

    metahead = "." directive *(SP params)
    directive = LETTER *(LETTER / DIGIT / "-")
    params = ; free-form text to the end of line

In the new syntax the above example would be written as:

  From: boss@example.com
  Sender: grunt@example.com
  .mail-from grunt+autodsnhandler@example.com

+1 for not trampling the 822 namespace, though I see Ken's point about
the short-term issues with m_getfld().  I wonder if the syntax would
benefit from a colon though, so they look like headers apart from the
leading dot, which we're use to in filenames as meaning `hidden'.

If introduced, .dcc:, etc., could also be added, allowing migration to
`deprecated' over the decades of future MH use.

Cheers, Ralph.