Re: [Nmh-workers] colorized/highlighted scan output?

2012-11-07 09:33:19

In the message dated: Tue, 06 Nov 2012 21:13:45 EST,
The pithy ruminations from Michael Richardson on
<Re: [Nmh-workers] colorized/highlighted scan output?> were:
=>
        [SNIP!]

=>
=> To those who are thinking about colours, please remember to set both
=> foreground and background colors.  YOU have no idea what my background
=> colour is.  It's not always "white"

Exactly. None of my xterms have "white" as the background color. Some
have the traditional green-on-black (with Courier, of course).

=> (color-ls got this wrong for along time, vim still does)

You mean that "ls --color" actually works correctly now?! I gave up on it
years ago when it insisted on choosing colors that were indistinguishable
from the background.

Thanks,

Mark

=>