Re: [Nmh-workers] colorized/highlighted scan output?

2012-11-06 20:13:58

"Paul" == Paul Fox <pgf(_at_)foxharp(_dot_)boston(_dot_)ma(_dot_)us>
writes:
    Paul> david wrote:
    >> git uses ANSI escape sequences for colors, too.  It doesn't use
    >> terminfo at all.

    Paul> my two reactions are: a) i didn't even know git did color, and
    Paul> b) why does anyone bother shipping a terminfo with more than
    Paul> one entry these days?  clearly we wouldn't miss it very badly.

because "linux" (console), "vt220" and "xterm" definitions are actually rather
different in subtle ways, and stuff doesn't always work perfectly
between them.

To those who are thinking about colours, please remember to set both
foreground and background colors.  YOU have no idea what my background
colour is.  It's not always "white"
(color-ls got this wrong for along time, vim still does)

--
Michael Richardson
-on the road-