Re: [Nmh-workers] colorized/highlighted scan output?

2012-11-07 14:04:51

On Wed, Nov 7 2012 at 2:40pm EST, Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
wrote:

Hm.  If you don't care which hilight is first, I _think_ you can do it.
Untested, but ....

%(void(msg)%(void(modulo 2))%<(eq 0)...hilight on...%|...hilight off%>

Hm, well, that only works assuming contiguous message numbers, which isn't
a valid assumption.

I don't know if we can do that just in mh-format, because there's no
state kept between format invocations.  We'd need to pass some knowledge
from scan down into it.  Which isn't actually that hard; things like
%(msg) are just stuff passed down in a special 'dat' array.

I actually don't care much.  I only rarely use scan at the command line,
when I'm ssh'ed in over the web (w/ shellinabox.)  And I don't think I will
be using scan directly much in the future: it appears MH-V will work well
with ConnectBot on Android with very little effort.  I have picture to prove
it... something like 14 rows of scan and 15 rows of show with 133 columns on
a Captivate Glide.  That said, I kinda need reading glasses AND my bifocal
contacts in to actually READ the mail, but still...
:)

Btw, anyone have opinions about shellinabox vs the recent (1.1) GateOne
(SSH over HTML)?  I haven't made time to try the latter, and haven't used
shellinabox extensively.

Nmh is going to ship with green on black and GTK+ color themes, right??
OpenLook and/or Motif too?

steve