Re: [Nmh-workers] fmttest program - where to install it?

2012-11-19 21:25:29
+1, +1.

Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon(_at_)orthanc(_dot_)ca> wrote:

On 2012-11-19, at 7:00 PM, Ken Hornstein wrote:

The current tools, "ap", "dp", and "fmtdump", all live in $(libdir).

And I, too, think that's wrong.  Truth be told, I was thinking of
proposing a move to $(bindir) a while ago. These are tools intended for
MH end users, therefore they should be in the user's path.

And while we're at it, can we move the true back-end exec'd stuff into
$(prefix)/libexec?  Executables are not libraries.  Pedantic, I know.
But I still like the clean distinctions between the two when it comes
down to, e.g., chasing rogue shared libraries.  Find(1) is more useful
when hier(7) is followed.

--lyndon