Re: [Nmh-workers] fmttest program - where to install it?

2012-11-20 10:35:04
Hi Ken,

  fmtdump, I think that's one that could go into $(bindir);
  I don't think there's much of a conflict there.

It's effectively debug for format authors rather than an everyday
command.  Is its functionality easily made available at the
function-call level to commands that use formats?  Perhaps them having a
-dump-format option that dumps the format used to stderr would be an
alternative?  If I'm debugging my `scan -form scan.ralph' then
-dump-format kind of makes sense.  Perhaps a -trace-format would be
`such fun' too.  ;-)

Cheers, Ralph.