Re: [Nmh-workers] fmttest program - where to install it?

2012-11-21 16:20:45
Irix is still a thing.  However, I suspect that the number of
people who are still running Irix *and* would want to update
software on it is pretty close to zero.  Probably same is
true for HP-UX.

I would have agreed with you on that ... except we had Kevin Costgrove
wanting to update to nmh 1.5 on HP-UX (not that there's anything
wrong with that).

Are there any platforms we can agree "not worth going out
of our way to support anymore"?  (Makes me wish that stuff
like the libdir/libexec issue was answerable via the various
auto-ambush build tools so it would be a non-issue for us).

Well, in one sense putting it under autoconf does solve it.  If you wish
to simply install the backend programs in $(libdir), it's very easy to
do so.  It's also easy for packagers to do this as well.