Re: [Nmh-workers] fmttest program - where to install it?

2012-11-21 20:47:52

On 2012-11-21, at 1:05 PM, Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu wrote:

Are there any platforms we can agree "not worth going out
of our way to support anymore"?  (Makes me wish that stuff
like the libdir/libexec issue was answerable via the various
auto-ambush build tools so it would be a non-issue for us).

The whole point of the POSIXification mini-project was to make this a moot
point. So, in theory, as long as we keep the code tree c89 clean, it should
keep building on lots of old gear as long as it's basically POSIX compliant.
And really, I can't think of anything post-c89 that we absolutely must have or
the world will end.

As for the directory paths, all we need to do right now is differentiate
between "lib" and "libexec" files in the Makefiles. Once that is done, the
auto* goo can be customized set the appropriate paths based on the OS type and
release number.

--lyndon