Re: [Nmh-workers] Setting minimum automake version.

2012-12-30 14:46:03
We can put
a version number in the AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE macro to indicate our minimum
required version of automake.

Actually, that looks like it's a version stamp for the application
being configured.  I don't know -- I just spent 20 minutes
going through the auto* stuff trying to find the definition of
AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE and already I have my New Year's Day hangover :-P I
can't see a way to require a minimum version of automake, so I will
just document this in the build notes.  If there is an autotools
sadist^H^H^H^H^H^Hguru who knows how to fix this, carry on :-)

I think you're thinking of AC_INIT().  I think what you want is this:

http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#API-Versioning

Note that it looks like the test harness has switched from a default of
serial to parallel, so we'll need to change that as well.  I can do that
later if you're not up to it.