Re: [Nmh-workers] hooks interface issues

2014-02-23 13:03:39
Some other thoughts on the interface:
* The requirement that the hook handler be specified by
  an absolute path is rather odd.

The post-1.5 hook code has been converted over to the argsplit interface.
So that shouldn't be necessary anymore.

If you are using post-1.5 code ... well, I'll be honest that I didn't
test it, and as far as I know there are no tests in the test suite that
exercise it.  So maybe it's broken.

You know, looking at the code ... it was calling execvp(), so it shouldn't
require an absolute path.  I know the documentation says that, but that
should be updated.

* It seems a more flexible arrangement would be if the
  path and message number/file were given as separate
  arguments. Concatenation is simple/cheap in a script,
  but separating the two for more complex operations is
  less so; especially when repeated for many messages.

That should be simple, but it would be an interface change.