Re: [Nmh-workers] hooks interface issues

2014-02-23 15:19:16
I cannot get the hooks to work:
 inc: external hook ((null)) did not work properly.
 refile: external hook ((null)) did not work properly.

Although add-hook does not work for inc, nor does ref-hook for refile,
I just noticed that add-hook successfully fires on Fcc*. I've also found
add-hook works with refile -link (nmh1.3).

It looks like slocal was overlooked when hooks were implemented; although
there are hooks in rcvstore. This could potentially be useful in my case,
but may not be ideal in general. In my case, because I do not want to handle
SPAM with hooks, and only ham is pulled from my spool folder after being
stored there by slocal. Therefore, another idea for enhancing hooks is a
means of determining which command was originally invoked. Perhaps this,
and the source/destination folder would be better exposed through environment
variables rather than changing the current command arguments?

*whatnow/send/post is missing from the list of affected commands in the README