Re: [Nmh-workers] Thoughts: header/address parsing

2014-08-03 18:30:51
Looking at it ... the grammer is not huge.  I think it will be easier
than the RFC-5322 address parser.

It's not just the bison part, it's all the other code that
builds the internal Content, etc., structures.  That'll have to
be ported.  (I assume that would be the approach.)

Well, all of this pretty much assumes that the code to generate a Content
structure is going to have to be redone from scratch.  In general, my
thinking was:

- Slurp in headers via our header parsing routine, build Content structure.
- Parse the address headers, as needed.
- Parse the MIME headers, as needed.
- Assuming a multipart message, find the next content boundary, read in
  content headers via our header parsing routines.  Parse the MIME headers
  as needed.

You get the idea.