Re: [Nmh-workers] (no subject)

2014-08-07 10:23:30
Hi Jerrad,

This allows a user reading the email in an MUA that's not
MIME-capabable to come across the simplest format first, e.g.
text/plain.

That's the theory, but many senders use a text/plain part akin to "If
you cannot read this, get a better MUA"

Agreed, but I was trying to explain why nmh has made its choices.  :-)

I quite often find both text/plain and text/html parts populated with
content, but differing content because someone hasn't updated both
templates in step.  Another common fault is text/plain containing chunks
of CSS and HTML as if some incomplete substitution aiming to strip HTML
has been run on the HTML part.

So I pick and choose what part(s) to read based on my trust/experience
of the source.  :-(

Cheers, Ralph.