Re: [Nmh-workers] (no subject)

2014-08-07 11:01:23
Jerrad Pierce <belg4mit(_at_)pthbb(_dot_)org> writes:
Further, it seems to me that it would not be hard to determine if
the text/plain and text/html parts are essentially identical.
This is a more difficult problem than you imagine. You'd have to render
the HTML, and then decide what "essentially identical" means. For many
it would be differences in whitespace only, but for others a different
definition may apply e.g; HTML is a superset of the plain text, and only
contains additions.

Yes, I should amend  "essentially identical" to "obviously to a
not very erudite algorithm]
essentially identical"
    Norman Shapiro