Re: [Nmh-workers] nmh with mobile devices [was: Re: replyfilter trouble with messages from "XFINITY Connect Mobile App"]

2015-03-23 14:22:37

On 17 March 2015 at 13:45, Ken Hornstein <kenh(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> wrote:

Ah yes, IMAP raises its head again.  I wouldn't trust me to code
anything in nmh.  But, I can test things and report results,
should this ever get off the ground.

Well, I once suggested we should either write a backend for Offline IMAP,
or implement it on our own.  See it here:

      http://offlineimap.org

Interesting.  Looks active, as I see commits today.

So, is the basic idea to have the user interface to nmh operate
via all the same nmh commands and present a folder view to the
user.?  But, the message storage would move into an IMAP form,
possibly manipulated by OfflineIMAP?  If so, it sounds like nmh
could need a lot of refactoring to funnel the nmh <--> IMAP
interchanges through the smallest reasonable number of functions.
A companion set of functions could be maintained to continue with
the MH storage format.

Thanks for the reference....

--
Kevin